Legalization - التصديقات
All documents (Commercial Transactions and Other Documents)
- Documents should be notarized before a local notary public.
- Documents should be certified under the Seal of your Local State
- Certification of the Seal of your State must then be obtained from the U.S. Department of State Authentication Office: 600 19th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006. Tel: (202) 647-4000 or (202) 485-8000
- The Certificate of Origin, the Invoice, Halal Certificates, and other certificates pertaining to goods for export should be submitted as separate and individual documents (not attached together as one document)
- The invoice number should be indicated in the corresponding Certificate of Origin
- The Certificate of Origin shall NOT be processed without the corresponding Invoice and vice versa.
Submit to the Embassy of Libya for legalization including the money order and photo copy of both money order and all documents is a must.
- Authentication of Certificate of Origin: $ 40.00
- Authentication of Commercial Invoice: $ 40.00
- Amount of Goods of $50,000 and below: $ 50.00
- More than $50,000 - $ 1.00 / thousand and $1.00 / any fraction of $1000.00 rounded up to the nearest dollar.
- Authentication of Commercial Agreement: $ 300.00
- All other Legal Documents: $ 100.00/each (E.g.-Power of Attorney, Articles of Incorporation, Health Certificate, etc.)
- Authentication of Diplomas and School Credentials for Libyan Students: FREE provided with copy of Libyan Passport/Birth Certificate
- Authentication of Diplomas and School Credentials for non-Libyan citizens: $ 100.00
Fees are accepted in MONEY ORDER ONLY, payable to Libyan Embassy in US Dollars only.
To mail, send to:
The Embassy of Libya
C/o Legalization Office
2600 Virginia Ave., NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
- Documents with missing requirements & fees will not be processed
- For documents sent via mail, please include prepaid return envelope (USPS, FedEx, or UPS). We do not accept FedEx ground.
- Processing takes 7-10 business days.
- Cutoff time for submission of documents for legalization is 2:00pm, Monday –Thursday.
For all other inquiries, please contact (202) 944-9601